• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spica 5700 availability in India

Guys. It was there in the morning, and fcourse i have a confirmed order id too (paid for it). But it still says processing. Either they had limited stock or realized that and closed the ordering

Thanks for the hope. I need it. That was the last desparate attempt before I would change my mind to purchase a slightly inferior HTC WildFire

Upvote 0
Totally confused, but may risk waiting for FlipKart :(
actually I was visiting Raipur,C.G for official purpose and it occurs to me that I can find this over small places like C.G. and bingo my perception was right, I found it at the first place I asked. but if you haven't have this one till now, may I suggest to wait till 5800 will be launched in India.

Upvote 0
@sudeep22s, I would want to wait. Except it's inferior in terms I'd processr speed and has crazy customizations (TouchWiz 3.0)

it's should have been released before Galaxy spica. They want to sell their newly 18k phone Bada. And that's the reason they must have pulled this phone off despite the high demand.

Not the Bada phone but the Samsung Galaxy S.
It is now obvious why Samsung has not filled the Indian market with Galaxy Spica. Why have a lower priced android which would cnanibalise the sales of the hyped costlier one !

Upvote 0
The price difference between Spica and Galaxy S is too huge. The customers are just not the same. The former is a budget phone and the later is ofcourse a "luxury cost".

That's why I was saying that people who might not find Spica might shell out a few extra $$ n go for Bada based phone. Even the samsun auth stores are bluffing people saying that Bada is Android OS (LOL).

Excuse us if the discussion is deviating from the original purpose of this thread.

@Sudeep22s - where do u travel from. I don't know any one from Raipur at the moment. I stay at Hyderabad. I suppose Eagle06 couldn't find the phone too. (he's from Hyd too)

Upvote 0
Current status: FlipKart doesn't have stock (actually has 1 showroom demo piece only).

I am trying to get FlipKart buy it from the Lotus Electronic market in Raipur - who has 1 piece (they say they opened it for checking accessories).

@Sudeep22s - Any feedback on the store? Did they show you any demo piece? (wondering if they're trying to sell me the same). Did they appear professional (checking if they are lying when they said that the piece only arrived yesterday and they open it for verifying the accessories).

I have asked this store to get me a fresh piece if possible (they're checking). Will update in sometime.

Upvote 0
Updated status - The Raipur store has only 1 piece that too in an opened state. They say its opened for verifying accessories, but the truth, which the sales guy later admitted to was that this is shown to a couple of customers (he says 2-3). I can't gift some one this piece :(

Still waiting for FlipKart to get back to me or refund the money. I am back to Square One. Still eagerly waiting if some one has it.

Upvote 0
Update - its available at Mobile Store Dwarka ( New Delhi ) @ 12500
Also Galaxy 7500 @ 13500 with gold coin worth 1000 bucks

Gathered this from another Indian Forum -

From the Mobile Store website, there appears to be a large number of stores in New Delhi's Dwarka area alone. Can you share the number/locality/block of this store? Would help us trace it.

Or can you paste the link of the other forum where a similar availability discussion is probably ON?

Upvote 0
@Sudeep22s
I'd really own you one if you can get me a sealed pack from Raipur. I've literally run out of options to purchase this phone :(.
I am PM'ng you my contact details in case you are planning to visit Hyderabad and can get a piece for me.
*Fingers crossed* hoping to meet up with you. :p

@Sudeep22S - did you get time to enquire about the availability? Ofcourse if you r free only. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

An update, I discussed with the India-Haat team and informed them this is the MRP and should ideally sell at a lower price (something > the Dealer Price ofcourse) and they have reduced the price from 19,200/- to 13,892/-

I actually ordered it from their website. I am inquiring if they really have the stock (said they had 10, now 9).

Upvote 0
Today's the 4th day (3rd Business day). And I still have no update on the order status except that the payment was successful.

When I ask them if I can have a tentative delivery date, they said first that I would get to know on Monday evening itself. Now it's Wednesday and I still don't have a date.

I called them up to discuss the cost issue and they did seem professional. Now I am hoping *fingers crossed*, they r trustworthy too.

Will keep every one posted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones