• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Spica Problem: Expired LauncherPro Version

kadre310

Lurker
Jul 12, 2010
I was not able to update the version of the LauncherPro on my Spica despite a notice that the version will expire in a few days. Now it says I should get the latest version.

When I turn on my phone, it tries to connect automatically to the internet to update the version. Problem is I turned off the internet and I need to turn it back on to get the update but I cant seem to get to Phone Settings. All I can see is "Web Page Cant Be Displayed".

How do I go about this?

Beerkan: have you actually done this?

kadre310: I solved this by using adb (from the SDK) to install ADW (another home screen launcher task manager doohickey). After that, it asked the "complete action using" question, where you can choose between launcher pro and adw. good luck!

get the SDK from Android SDK | Android Developers
On a command line, in the directory where the sdk is installed:
cd tools
./adb devices
./adb install packagename.apk

./adb devices -> shows you whether your phone is detected
on windows you probably have to replace ./adb with adb or adb.exe, i'm not sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones