• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help spica switching off by itself and alarm clock issues

bootdown

Lurker
May 18, 2010
I only have the phone for 2 weeks but it regularly switches itself off in my pocket or just as i take it out. I always use the 'key pad' lock but it doesnt seem to lock the power key! Does anyone else have this problem?
Also is there an alarm clock app that will switch on the phone. I dont like leaving the phone on all night just to use the alarm and i also worry that the batt will die during the night and then the alarm wont go off and i'll be late for work.

I only have the phone for 2 weeks but it regularly switches itself off in my pocket or just as i take it out. I always use the 'key pad' lock but it doesnt seem to lock the power key! Does anyone else have this problem?
It doesn't lock the power key unfortunately, that's the intended behaviour. I have found that the longer you have it, you get into the habit of avoiding switching it off.
Also is there an alarm clock app that will switch on the phone. I dont like leaving the phone on all night just to use the alarm and i also worry that the batt will die during the night and then the alarm wont go off and i'll be late for work.
No, there's no way to do that. If you're worried about the battery going off, plug it in before going to bed. Or put it into 'Airplane Mode', that'll shut down almost everything that could drain the battery, it would have to be almost dead to run-out overnight

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones