1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Spigen case changed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markdoc, Jun 24, 2017.

1. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

I purchased the Spigen Neo Hybrid Crystal case for my HTC 10. I like the case because its mostly clear with a metal band. You can still see the bevel on the back and the metal band adds more corner drop protection. After a year, the soft, clear case was turning yellow so I purchased a new replacement. To my surprise, Spigen changed the case in two ways. Instead of two openings for the camera and flash, now there's one. (IMO, not important) However, they removed the vent holes along the top of the case. IMO, very important. I think there should be vent openings in all cases. With the new, faster chips generating more heat, any venting will help. I'm still using it, but I'm keeping the old one. If my "10" runs hotter, I'll either cut vent holes in the clear part and use the old metal part with the vents.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Update: I wrote to Epicenter asking about the change in their case. They replied the next day. They said they were getting complaints about dust getting inside the case through the vent holes. They closed them to prevent that from happening. They also said that they thoroughly tested the case against overheating and it passed. They also offered to take back the case and give me a full refund. I thanked them but decided to keep the case. So far so good.

3. cybernetix

cybernetix Lurker

I also bought spigen for HTC 10 lately,
    but model Rugged Armor.

It has two holes on the back (one for camera and onother for lamp+af).

But it does not have holes at the top,
    and I love it NOT having them.

I would say they were not made as vent holes,
    my guess it that someone in Spigen thought that these plastic areas in the top of HTC 10 make some function, like NFC or IR, and should not be blocked.
    And after they realized thats not true, they removed these holes.

HTC 10 Forum

The HTC 10 release date was May 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2016
Release Date
Reviews