• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

spilled water, now blank screen

Filip123

Lurker
Feb 25, 2016
i spilled about 20ml of drinking water on my motorola flipout (on android 2.1) and wiped it out,without removing the battery, did not know i should do that.
It seemed water remained only on the surface.
Phone looked fine but after one hour showed just the white screen...
only then i flip-opened the phone and few drops of water spilled below the keyboard.
i dried it on the radiator for 10 hours, but when i put on, just got the white screen again.

any help?

UPDATE: amazingly, just connected my device to a charger , and after some time the operating system appeared again! So it took almost +4 months to dry and recover... or probably much less, as I stopped trying +3 months ago. Good news for all of you who have spilled water on motorola flipout or probably most other devices. Just be patient and try after few days/weeks (or months - in the worst case...). Cheers :)

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones