• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Spinner style can't be changed to newer style

MAThrasher

Lurker
Jan 8, 2014
I know this may sound a trivial question, but I can't figure it out on my own. I've Googled and searched many many times. I know it may have a simple solution but I don't know where to search any more. In general, I'm a Windows programmer, but I started programming for Android about 4 months ago. I've developed a fairly extensive application. The problem began when I started programming...my spinners are the solid gray rectangular style (unlike the newer style with the triangle in the lower right corner). When I started developing this app several months ago, I couldn't figure out why my spinners were different (after many hours) so I just ignored it. I'm at the point now of polishing my program and want the newer spinner style. So, I'm beating my head against the wall again. I went to my Android SDK Mananger in Eclipse and updated my Android SDK Tools, Platform-tools, and Build-tools. I have the lastest versions of all of these (22.3 and 19.0.1). When I create a new project, the newer spinner style appears. However, none of my older projects changed. They still have the same old gray, rectangular type spinners. I tried using a "android format" line command I found while Googling, but no luck with that either. I know there is probably something really simple I can do, but I can't find it. Can anyone help me with this? I'm using ADT Bundle with build v22.2.1-833290 on a Mac OSX Mavericks. Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones