1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Spirit for Android

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by amroc, Jul 8, 2011.

1. amroc

amroc Lurker
    None

Jul 8, 2011

Advertisement

Vanquished likes this.
  2. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Bought. I find the controls slightly annoying - can't seem to get the hang of finding a decent position for my finger that doesn't block an important part of the view, and the touch controls aren't really as precise as they ought to be. But I still like it a lot, especially how well it runs on my ancient phone. Looks great, in particular - I know it's doing visual tricks to make me think it's more 3D than it really is, but I still can't help notice it's a lot smoother and flashier than Hyperlight on my handset. I don't care for everything Jakyl are publishing on Android but they've definitely snapped up some gems, and this is one of them. Easy recommendation.

amroc likes this.
  3. amroc

amroc Lurker
    None

Jul 8, 2011
    Thanks for picking it up, and the recommendation! I dev'd the original iOS version, and partnered with Jackyl to bring it to Android, although he did all the heavy lifting. I'm really happy how it come out, even on slower handsets.

Yeah the controls take a bit of practice, but you do develop a technique to keep your finger out of the way. Try upping the sensitivity a bit in the options menu when you get better, it'll essentially give you more screen space to move your finger.

Sure, Jackyl's stuff is a mixed bag, like any publishers' collections, but there are a few gems in there. Tilestorm, Aftermath, Denki blocks, and Magnetic Shaving Derby are all solid titles.

4. supermanlegend

supermanlegend Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2011
    United Statea
    Cool doesn't use Unity & built for android. I'm going to check it out.

5. supermanlegend

supermanlegend Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2011
    United Statea
    Love the game. I just wish it had online leaderboards to keep insteresting. 24 hrs leaderboard, weekly, and all time. Achievements too to keep it interesting. Really smooth controls and gameplay. Practice practice

6. amroc

amroc Lurker
    None

Jul 8, 2011
    OpenFeint is definitely coming, as are achievements either at the same time or a little afterwards.

After that, and if sales allow for it there is also a very big addition to the game i have planned too. I really I hope I get a chance to do it. Thanks lots! :)