• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Splash Screen Stuck In Recovery

So a bit ago, I rooted my phone and installed CyanogenMod (successfully). It has been working fine, but as CM is technically a nightly ROM, and the news of the stock update, I decided to go back to the stock ROM. So I got the ROM off the google servers, I went through all the steps, and I'm just about to install the ROM through recovery, and...

Wait... Didn't this splash screen go away after a couple seconds before?

If I go into the bootloader and choose "recovery," the phone freezes at a splash screen. If I just boot it normally, it still works fine, but recovery does not work. I went into ROM Manager and chose "flash clockworkmod" and tried that. No luck. I tried doing the "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" command from the tools folder. No luck.

(In case it helps, the recovery.img wouldn't flash. It just got stuck at "<waiting for device>, without my phone-in bootloader, mind you-reacting to it at all)

It's not such a bit deal as most people's splash screen problems; my phone will still work. I just want to get off CM7 and back onto stock (for whatever reason). Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones