1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SplashID Alternatives

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by BabelFish, Feb 7, 2011.

1. BabelFish

BabelFish Newbie

I was a big SplashID user on the Treo but now that I am on android I am looking for something.... well, free/cheaper ;)

They are really expensive lol

What does everyone use to protect their passwords and stuff? I am looking for feedback good or bad about the currently available password protector products found on the market place.

Anyone use SplashID on Android?

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BookLover

BookLover Android Expert

I'm using SafeWallet. Not overly expensive. Not crazy about it, but I felt it was the most secure of the ones I looked into.

Their desktop app was moderately expensive, but I didn't really need that as I'm using SPB Wallet on my desktop because I had used SPB Wallet on my WinMo device prior to upgrading to Android.

I LOVE SPB Wallet. I really hope they come out with an Android app. It's a PITA to have to maintain two softwares, one for PC and one for Android, but it can't be avoided since I find SPB Wallet super easy and convenient on the PC, which I"m on 80% of the time.

3. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Android Expert

KeePass... Lastpass...

4. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Android Expert

Missed your last question. I use SPlashId Android.

5. BabelFish

BabelFish Newbie

keepass looks interesting.. too bad it doesn't support twofish...

LastPass looks really nice but a yearly subscription :(

6. BabelFish

BabelFish Newbie

SafeWallet looks promising.. :)

7. BabelFish

BabelFish Newbie

so you paid the pricetag? :) How do you think the two you mentioned and SplashID compare? Which do you prefer?

8. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

I use B-folders. It has a great desktop end, too, and you can sync by USB or wifi. As a former Palm geek, I prefer to back up data locally whenever possible.