1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Splashtop, help!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by nerdstaz, Feb 10, 2014.

1. nerdstaz

nerdstaz Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Hey Guys!

I know this part of the forum isn't very active, but maybe I will get lucky...

I finally decided to pick up a Shield and now I am in awe and a little lost!

I got the NVIDIA Game Streaming working fine and I got Splashtop THD sideloaded. I also have Splashtop 2 installed - I am familiar enough with the two to get things going. The issue I am having is, playing games (like Skyrim or Dragon Age) in fullscreen. It either crashes the app or gives me a warning the it cannot support fullscreen games. My PC has 2x 780 GTX graphics cards running in SLI with two monitors connected. I tried disabling SLI and netted the same results. I am not sure it matters, but I am also running Windows 8.1.

My question is, can I do anything to allow fullscreen games or am I stuck in windowed only?

Things I have tried are:

Splashtop 2 and Splashtop GamePad THD
    Disabling SLI
    Disabling 1 screen
    Geforce Optimization on and Off withing Splashtop
    I have the latest drivers, I did try two older drivers as well.

PC:
    780 GTX SLI
    Windows 8.1
    i7 3770K
    2x 1080p displays

Any help is much appreciated. I Googled until my fingers were tired and my head was exploding. Most items I found were dated 2012 or earlier. I found one from January of last year. Surely things have changed since then? Anyway - please let me know. If there are any alternatives, I am open to exploration. Just from what I read, Splashtop is the best? If so which version? THD or 2? Does it matter?

Thanks again for your help!

Advertisement

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Oct 29, 2013
    Male
    SysAdmin
    Huntsville, AL
    Hi nerdstaz,

I've merged and moved your threads into the Android Applications forum, where I believe it will gain better exposure and thus (hopefully) some good answers for you. Please let me know if you have any questions :)

Cheers,
    splice

3. nerdstaz

nerdstaz Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Thanks! Now if someone can just help me pry the lid off of this issue!