• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Split screen view regularly opens on its own

Jarod221

Lurker
Mar 13, 2016
Anyone else having this issue on Galaxy S7? I would just be looking at an app (or even just on the home screen), not touching the screen at all, and suddenly the buttons on each side of the home key light up and I feel a vibration, as if I had pressed them. Then the phone goes into split screen mode. This happens several times a day. The phone acts as if I had done a long press on the multitasking button...

Don't know if it's a software bug, or if it's a hardware fault and I should return the phone?

Multiwindow mode popping up usually means somethings pressing on the cascade button. Do you have a screen protector or are seeing anything on the button itself? Do you have Verizon? Do you have a SES (Samsung Experience Shop, in most Best Buys) nearby that you could take it to for a software check?

Upvote 0
Nope, I have nothing pressing the button, but it acts as if I am pressing it from time to time. The screen is clean and I don't have a screen protector or anything on it. I bought the phone from the Carphone Warehouse in the UK, and they're basically clueless...

I had a Note Edge that had touchscreen sensitivity issues.
I'm guessing Samsung has refined the curved-edge design quite a bit,but,I'm also guessing the likelyhood of getting a device with a defective curved-edged display is greater than a typical touchscreen display.
Take it back & get a replacement.

Reactions: Snakeyeskm
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones