1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Split screen view regularly opens on its own

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jarod221, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Jarod221

Jarod221 Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Anyone else having this issue on Galaxy S7? I would just be looking at an app (or even just on the home screen), not touching the screen at all, and suddenly the buttons on each side of the home key light up and I feel a vibration, as if I had pressed them. Then the phone goes into split screen mode. This happens several times a day. The phone acts as if I had done a long press on the multitasking button...

Don't know if it's a software bug, or if it's a hardware fault and I should return the phone?

Advertisement

2. Jinxii

Jinxii Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Multiwindow mode popping up usually means somethings pressing on the cascade button. Do you have a screen protector or are seeing anything on the button itself? Do you have Verizon? Do you have a SES (Samsung Experience Shop, in most Best Buys) nearby that you could take it to for a software check?

3. Jarod221

Jarod221 Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Nope, I have nothing pressing the button, but it acts as if I am pressing it from time to time. The screen is clean and I don't have a screen protector or anything on it. I bought the phone from the Carphone Warehouse in the UK, and they're basically clueless...

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    I had a Note Edge that had touchscreen sensitivity issues.
    I'm guessing Samsung has refined the curved-edge design quite a bit,but,I'm also guessing the likelyhood of getting a device with a defective curved-edged display is greater than a typical touchscreen display.
    Take it back & get a replacement.

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  5. Jinxii

Jinxii Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Likely touch screen sensitivity then, so it sounds like a defect. Good idea to return it, and in the meantime, disable multiwindow mode.

6. Jarod221

Jarod221 Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks. How do I disable multiwindow mode?

7. Jinxii

Jinxii Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    If I remember correctly, it's in the quick menu (the pull down menu from the top of the screen). Press and hold the icon until it takes you to the options.

8. Jarod221

Jarod221 Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2016

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.