• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SPMO files?

Well, I pulled up the details of this folder, here's what is says....
Name: .spmo
Size: 17,258,126 bytes
Permissions: drw
Modified: 2010-09-10 12:06:24
Number of files: 190
Device free size: 1.83G
Device total size: 1.89G

I accessed that information via the Astro File Manager App.
Maybe I will do as you suggested and save it to computer, then delete from phone and see what fun happens

Upvote 0
Update----I just saved the .spmo files on an external drive, then deleted the phone's sd card folder named .spmo..nothing has changed, however, the phone re-created the folder with all the sub-folders which are, at the moment, empty. There is one directory file with 65Kb in it but I cannot open it to see what it is....so far no harm done...will keep an eye out for any other issues, if any, my actions have caused......

Upvote 0
Spmo (SpeedView meta object)

The Spmo format is the object enabler of SpeedView. The Spmo format has the following features:
  • It contains data for rapid decoding of the JPEG images
  • It resides inside the JPEG image or is associated with a specific JPEG file in a separate database. For a JPEG image, the Spmo object is stored at APP4. (Application marker segment). For more information see APP4.
Note: If the images are transferred to another viewing device that does not have SpeedView capabilities, Spmo is ignored. The output is the image is decoded and treated as any ordinary JPEG image.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones