• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SPOILERS] Walking Dead Discussion

davoid

Android Expert
Aug 3, 2011
London
I thought it would be better if we had a separate thread for discussing episodes that have already been aired, with a warning about spoilers because then the people who have seen the latest episodes can freely discuss the shocking plot twists and series regulars who suddenly retire from the show in gory and psychologically disturbing ways.

Long sentence over with, don't people think that Carl and Maggie didn't give Lori much chance of recovering from her caeserean? I mean they dragged Hershel back to the cells with his leg chopped off, yet Lori has a caeserean and Carl decides he'd better blow her brains out.

Basically if a new episode has aired, and you haven't seen it, don't read this thread until you have!

I had feeling Carl didn't shoot his mom, since they didn't show it. She must have still been alive or the zombie wouldn't have eaten her.

Rick has totally lost it!!

Andrea is a doormat. She is really getting on my nerves.

Lots of stuff from the books in this episode. (zombie daughter, arena fight, telephone)

Wonder why they never showed Carol die, or her body.

Upvote 0
I still hid my comments just to be nice, it's really easy to un-hide for those who want to read this post so I didn't figure it's not a big deal :D

I think they are trying to get too much mileage out of each episode. Carroll went running after T-Dog subdued the 2 walkers. I didn't even know she died until I watched The Talking Dead after show. Then we are to assume the walker Rick kills with the full tummy had a full belly from eating Lori? Again, I didn't know that until the after show. The item Rick picked up where Lori was killed was the bullet Carl used to finish his mom.

Then, Rick doesn't give Lori the time of day in season 3, she dies and he goes postal (sorry mail carriers ;)). It just seems odd.

I haven't read the comic series and don't notice the similarities, but really wonder who is on the phone. My guess, and it's only a guess is, when the alarm sounded it triggered an automated phone message to some police station or military installation. Either way the end of episode 5 is one of the most interesting.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I still hid my comments just to be nice, it's really easy to un-hide for those who want to read this post so I didn't figure it's not a big deal :D

I think they are trying to get too much mileage out of each episode. Carroll went running after T-Dog subdued the 2 walkers. I didn't even know she died until I watched The Talking Dead after show. Then we are to assume the walker Rick kills with the full tummy had a full belly from eating Lori? Again, I didn't know that until the after show. The item Rick picked up where Lori was killed was the bullet Carl used to finish his mom.

Then, Rick doesn't give Lori the time of day in season 3, she dies and he goes postal (sorry mail carriers ;)). It just seems odd.

I haven't read the comic series and don't notice the similarities, but really wonder who is on the phone. My guess, and it's only a guess is, when the alarm sounded it triggered an automated phone message to some police station or military installation. Either way the end of episode 5 is one of the most interesting.
I got it about the full zombie and the bullet, but I think Carl just fired the gun at the ground because he couldn't shoot his mom. (the books are totally different about this btw)

It seemed like Rick was starting to soften toward Lori, probably regrets that he was being such an ass.

I won't spoil the phone thing for you, assuming it stays true to the books.

Upvote 0
I won't spoil the phone thing for you, assuming it stays true to the books.

Thanks. I hate spoilers.

There were three graves, and only one empty one for Lori.

Yeah, and there was that scene where Daryl placed one of those indian flowers on the grave, similar to the one he gave Carol when they were still looking for Sofia, so I guessed it was Carol's grave. I just assumed that it was a symbolic grave because they hadn't found her.

Upvote 0
I think they were trying too hard to make people think Carol was dead.

Glenn should have known not to let Merle get that close to them. It'll be interesting to see Daryl have to choose sides between the group and his brother.

I would have capped Merle in both knees then in the dome piece. Afterward, stay mum to Daryl. What he doesn't know, won't hurt him. As for the latter, I think Daryl will choose the group, especially with Carol being found still alive.

Upvote 0
I think they were trying too hard to make people think Carol was dead.

Yes, and I did think it was obvious (well, to me) that Carol was going to be in that room with the twitching door. But I'm glad my guess was right and that she's still alive. Do you think Daryl and Carol will get it on now? Their names rhyme, at least.

Glenn should have known not to let Merle get that close to them. It'll be interesting to see Daryl have to choose sides between the group and his brother.

@NYCHitman Glen isn't really a killer, though. Yeah he's good at dispatching walkers, but they're already dead. He could have shot him in the leg or something to stop him in his tracks, but that probably wouldn't have gone down well with Daryl.

I think that once Daryl finds out how evil Merle is, he won't be able to side with him - especially since Merle has kidnapped Glen and Maggie. But blood is quite thick...

Upvote 0
I'm really itchy to know what's going on with those calls. I really don't get it. Rick must be paranoid. I can't believe Lori is alive and that she ran away with her loins hanging out her stomach. If she is, then that is bullsh*t and too fictional, even for a zombie series.

I don't think there's any doubt that Rick was imagining hearing Lori. The way I understood it was that even he knew she was dead and that he was hearing her "ghost" or whatever. When he realized that the voice was Lori's, that's when he stopped appealing to go to the "safe place", because he knew it wasn't real.

Upvote 0
Um, yeah, plus those other voices were other dead people. I was wondering what Hershel was thinking when Rick told him he got a phone call and he picked up the phone and put it to his ear. Obviously there was no dial tone lol. Also obviously he wasn't going to call him on it. (not the phone, the fact it wasn't working lol)

Nice pun.

Yeah I thought they were other dead people but I couldn't remember who Lori said she was there with, but suspected that was the giveaway for Rick.

Lol, Hershel's poker face when he listened to the dead phone.

Upvote 0
Damn, only one episode left before break, and you know it's going to be a huge cliffhanger. Oh, well.

Why wouldn't Maggie lie about about the location of the others instead of just blurting out "the prison"? It would have at least bought them some time. After seeing what the Governor and his guys are capable of, she's just going to give up her Dad and sister, along with everybody else? Weak.

Upvote 0
Well they finally answered the question everyone had been wondering... Carol isn't a lesbian.. lmao, I laughed for a while when Axel said that she was a lesbian.

From the looks of the tv preview they appear to be keeping Daryl, which I think is a good choice!

Nice introduction of Tyresse and his group, but the whole time that I was watching parts with him I couldn't help but think of Left 4 Dead 2, since he is the voice actor for Coach.

Did not see the glass in the eye coming, I must admit it startled me lol.

Overall I think it was a great episode and now I cannot wait til Feb 10th..... toooo long away!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones