1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Spontaneous droid x brick?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 38jake, Aug 16, 2012.

1. 38jake

38jake Lurker

I've been running CM9 rom for awhile and last couple of the days the phone would turn off and not power up unless I took the battery out first. This last night, I had it connected to my pc, copied some files off of it, shut down pc, disconnected USB and it went dead again. I removed battery and repowered up and all I would get is the initial moto logo. Recovery can't wipe anything and it lists i/o failure and can't mount anything to E:. Tried SBF with RSD 5.4.4. can't flash, Linux SBF fails to. Should I locate the nearest round file for this thing or should I try something else?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

the droid x isnt built for ICS as verizon and moto will no longer update the device, so you may run into a few errors with ICS, you can try booting to recovery, and wiping data, and reinstalling the rom

or you can sbf back to stock and start all over again.

3. 38jake

38jake Lurker

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear, I can not flash this back to stock. I can't flash it at all. RSD 5.4.4 fails, linux boot cd can't either. If I go into recovery it spams about 5 or 6 things that it can't mount to E: and says I/O failure and I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and if there is a way to recover from it.

4. resinis

resinis Lurker

what bootloader version are you on?

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews