1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support spontaneous Glalaxy S3 crack

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alfid, Jan 20, 2013.

1. alfid

alfid New Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Hi, im new to these forums. Anyways I was using my phone, browsing the web when one moment to the next Isee what looks like a hair. Upon closer inspection it is a crack. I ran my nail across it but it can not be felt. So I turned it off to see if I could see the crack, it can't be seen. Only when it is on or the battery animation is on the screen. It shows the typical characteristics of a crack, thins at the ends and thick in the middle. What are my options? Do you believe it to be a crack? Is it worth buying another galaxy s3?

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    It could well be a crack.
    Theres multiple threads about it on other sites.... scratches and cracks and seems to mostly affect the US s3. I think there was a rushed batch of glass.
    Ive had mine without a screen protector since i got mine june/july and its flawles. Im rough with my phones.
    If you return it, youll never be able to prove its a defect :(
    Be careful as it will maybe spread

3. Chuhbaca

Chuhbaca New Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Same here. Phone was not dropped. One day I got to work, picked it up from the little center tray in my truck and noticed a crack horizontally across the width of the screen about 1/3 of the way up.

Now this morning, I take the phone off of my nightstand, and there is another similar crack at the top 1/3 of the phone!

4. TadeoNYC

TadeoNYC Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    It is certainly something you should contact Samsung support about. Post to the Facebook page and you get a fast response. If there is no sign of an impact they may cover it. It's worth a shot.

5. rynlpin

rynlpin Well-Known Member

Samsung are terrific when dealing with manufacturer's faults. I reported a hardware fault two days ago and I'm posting this from my new phone.