• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Spontaneous reboot

mkanet

Jun 8, 2010
I have had my EVO since last Friday. I love this thing. However, there seems I have had 2 instances where my phone spontaneously reboots if I have doing GPS turn by turn directions and talking on the phone at the same time while using a bluetooth headset. I play with very popular apps I downloaded from Market; and I am pretty good about not leaving them running in the background. So, I'm thinking theres a very specific scenario that causes the phone to reboot.

I doubt there a hardware defect; as it only happens with the above scenario. I am curious if there are other people who push their phones to do simultaneous hardware features at the same time and cause it to reboot.

I guess its possible that there may be a 3rd party app that's silently running in the background which might be the cause; however, no matter what, an app shouldnt have the ability to crash the entire OS.

Cool, glad you figured it out. However, I think you posted in the wrong thread; as it's not related to the phone rebooting (where you get the HTC logo... then, OS booting, etc). But, thanks for posting anyway.

After turning off my EVO it would wake itself up after 10 seconds, go back to sleep for 10 seconds and repeat the cycles.

Culprit was a downloaded MicroClock widget. Got rid of it and I got rid of the problem.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. When it reboots and I look at a plot of battery level remaining vs. time I see that the battery level drops to 0% at the time of the reboot.
I still dunno why.... When the phone boots again the battery graph shows the level at the same place it was before the spurious reboot. Unless perhaps the battery monitor is just off during the reboot.... anyway, me too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones