• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Spoof MAC Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan847

Aug 27, 2011
U.S
Hello everybody, I am looking for some guidance in how to spoof my MAC address... I was accidentally blocked from a router and the perons doesn't know how to change it back, so I want a way to get on until they get it fixed... but anyway that's irrevalent, I have found several guides but none are droid 3 specific... any help would be appreciated

There's a large difference between the two haha!

Did you try this?? A general search may help more than searching for a specific phone model.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [GUIDE] Spoof WIFI Mac address in Android

Seems rather simple. Terminal is terminal and MAC addresses should all be coded the same AFAIK. It's just a Linux breed.

Okay so I never got this working... ended up just brute forcing into his router to change the settings.

However now I require the same function because towards the end of the school year my High School replaced IP Address filtering with MAC Address filtering. Getting the password is easy with some packet sniffing, but I got kicked and need to spoof my MAC to get back on. Its annoting because I honestly only use the Schools WiFi for school related things.

Has anybody here done anything like this on their Droid 3?

Upvote 0
Okay so I never got this working... ended up just brute forcing into his router to change the settings.

However now I require the same function because towards the end of the school year my High School replaced IP Address filtering with MAC Address filtering. Getting the password is easy with some packet sniffing, but I got kicked and need to spoof my MAC to get back on. Its annoting because I honestly only use the Schools WiFi for school related things.

Has anybody here done anything like this on their Droid 3?

Just going to go ahead and stop you right there.
I have first-hand experience with this, and it is NOT something you want to do.
Schools block out non-authorized users for a reason, and the punishment for going around that is severe.
I was threatened with expulsion, but ended up talking myself into a 3 day suspension instead.

I recommend you stop right now and do you "school related things" on authorized computers, such as computer lab machines, or library computers.

I should also mention. Circumventing your school's security is not only against your school's rules, it is also illegal.

Upvote 0
Just going to go ahead and stop you right there.
I have first-hand experience with this, and it is NOT something you want to do.
Schools block out non-authorized users for a reason, and the punishment for going around that is severe.
I was threatened with expulsion, but ended up talking myself into a 3 day suspension instead.

I recommend you stop right now and do you "school related things" on authorized computers, such as computer lab machines, or library computers.

I should also mention. Circumventing your school's security is not only against your school's rules, it is also illegal.

huh... how did u get caught?

Upvote 0
Yeah, imnotmikal summed things up very nicely (thank you for that, btw :)).

Attempting to circumvent safeguards to resources to which you were not expressly invited to use is not something that we need having discussed here at AF.

Don't know that there's really much more to say here, so we're going to be closing this thread.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones