• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spoofing a server for an android app?

Ben Foster

Lurker
Sep 15, 2021
So I'm not sure if what I'm asking for is possible, or feasible.

I've recently download this app called FarmIt mobile which is for keeping information about livestock.

The app doesn't work because it needs to connect to their server which requires a subscription, which is too much money for me.

I was wondering if there's a way to get the app to connect to my own server, and what that server might look like? I think the sync files are just text documents.

Hope this makes sense, thanks in advance.

Don't know about the server, but couldn't you make an excel spreadsheet for your phone to keep track of livestock. If you have never used excel there are numerous How To Make An Excel Spreadsheet For Beginners online. I made one for travel expenses when i go overseas. It's real simple.I hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones