• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sports Illustrated - Swimsuit Cover Model... Full Figure is good??

dan330

Extreme Android User
Jan 22, 2010
http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...ed-full-figured-swimsuit-cover/6101456469151/

ok.. this might be a touchy subject...
full figure vs fat

first, I understand... women come in all sizes. so do men!!!

2nd, bigger does not always = unhealthy.

3rd, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

4th, I know some people..their genes / health conditions.. make them what they are. make it out of their control. (this is a small percentage of the population)

but... a model.. is by nature.. reflects a prettier side of fashion.
also in general.. a healthy person is normally.. only have a smaller percentage of fat on them.
and of course .. there is a TOO thin .. and that is also unhealthy.

putting a bigger girl on the cover.. of a major magazine.
is sending the wrong message. that being over weight is OK. can be normal. even worshipped.

that model full-figure model is very pretty... sexy...
but she is not a healthy size. it should NOT promoted to be OK.
I do NOT like stick figures.. but the other swimsuit models are NOT stick figures.

USA compared to the rest of the world (1st world) .. men and women.. are more over weight!
and getting worse! we should NOT make this seen as OK.
more and more women are abusing the term: full-figure and BBW (big beautiful women)
fat is fat... obese is not full-figure or BBW!! sorry.

my point.. is that .. I do not think it is OK.. for this new trend of PC..
to make unhealthy look to be accepted. both OVER and Under weight!

ok.. I think I am going to be pounded for this post.
:) :p
come at me!

Funny, I just posted something about this in the random thoughts thread. I agree with you completely healthy is important but I do not see (in this case) Ashley Graham as fat. She seems actually quite healthy, but also curvy. I like a woman that resembles a violin more than a pencil.

And for what it's worth, there are a lot of curvy gals out there that have a perfectly fine BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, etc, etc. So in my mind, if you eat healthy, you work out, you are not all floppy and hanging out in all the wrong places, don't have bad cellulite and all that, ya know just a big person and you're happy, more power to ya.

Upvote 0
I prefer this type of "full figured" woman.:)
images.jpg

Upvote 0
Ashley Graham's full figure is not healthy. ??

umm, sorry guys, but she is a lot slimmer in that photo than my wife was at 18 when I married her.
My wife's weight was only down to 160# in her wedding dress and it killed her trying to diet off the extra weight.

Our genetics make us what we are, and no amount of fashion diets is going to change that.

Today, at 62 my wife is fighting end stage diabetes Type II with a vengeance, again, it is due to genetics.... her mom went out at 59.

slim girls are just a figment of most men's imaginations, because rarely does a woman retain the youthful appearance they held at 18.

I'm no where near the weight I used to be at 18, at the age of 73, I am pushing the doctor's limits at 275# and he wants to put me on heart meds? uh, I am staying away from that as long as possible... once you start that regiment, you can't quit.

Silicone? that is not pretty at all, and it is a health risk to those who undergo that type of surgery.

Reactions: HasH_BrowN
Upvote 0
Size; big or small, fat or thin visually shows a first impression. Inside could be completely different.

I'm 46, 5'6" and 152lbs. I eat well (doctor says so), I exercise, there is no known history of heart disease in the family. Yet guess what; I found out last year I have 70, 40 and 20% blockages in 3 upper arteries. I know people who are over weight, who don't do much to control it, they have their reasons. However, they don't have a heart issue like me. This baffles me. Bad card dealt to me? Who knows. Everyone is different.

Upvote 0
Have you ever felt that women secretly rule the entire world?

We (or maybe just my stupid self) think we rule it.....but as soon as something gorgeous comes up.... I become all ******** and goopy... and then WHAM!

I am knocked out... and suddenly I got some kind of disease I didn't have before....

LOL XD

Just kidding lol I kiiid I kiiiiid xD

I think girls have such crazy power over us we don't even realise it....

I-bet-you-didnt-notice-the-Godzilla.jpg

Upvote 0
I don't know the woman in the cover pic, but I can say that just looking at the pic, she is not fat.

Just because a woman isn't built like a 12 year old boy doesn't make her fat.
I also think that many people don't realize that models aren't super thin because that's sexy, they are super thin because clothing designers believe their clothes look better on Super thin women, probably because it resembles hanging on the rack at the store.

Upvote 0
Size; big or small, fat or thin visually shows a first impression. Inside could be completely different.

I'm 46, 5'6" and 152lbs. I eat well (doctor says so), I exercise, there is no known history of heart disease in the family. Yet guess what; I found out last year I have 70, 40 and 20% blockages in 3 upper arteries. I know people who are over weight, who don't do much to control it, they have their reasons. However, they don't have a heart issue like me. This baffles me. Bad card dealt to me? Who knows. Everyone is different.

sorry to hear that... but your situation is an outsider on the bell curve.

a college grad may end up in a homeless shelter..
and high school drop out can end up creating a multi-million dollar business.

a heavy smoker can out live a vegetarian

but that aint part of the normal..

Reactions: andruoid
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones