1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Sportstap

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by parkschr, Sep 16, 2010.

1. parkschr

parkschr Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Has anyone Sports Tap widget quit working after 2.2 OTA? The app still works but not the widget.

Update:

After I installed 2.2, the widget quit working. I could not figure it out. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. Finally after several days of playing with it, I found the problem.

Before the update, I only had a star next to my favorite teams and it worked. After the update you must have the alert box checked so that you have a star and a "signal strength looking thing" next to your favorite teams. I do not have the alert box checked under the preference page. Now it works!

Hopefully this will work for others.

Advertisement

2. McChazo

McChazo Active Member

May 12, 2010
    widget works fine for me, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? a factory reset after installing 2.2?

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    I'm rolling with 2.2 and the widget. If the uninstall doesn't work, you might try clearing data/cache for the Sportstap app although you'll have to set your stuff back up which could be a PIA depending on how many favs/alarms you have. If the widget is important to you though, could be worth a go.

4. There was an update for it today too, so maybe that fixed the issue you're having

5. parkschr

Apr 26, 2010
    Ohio

I tried uninstalling several times and it did not work. From the comment section, there are other DI owners who can not get the widget to work.

I don't think I want to do a factory reset. Too much time spent setting up the phone.

6. parkschr

Apr 26, 2010
    Ohio

I did not get an update today. It is still version 3.0. Did I miss something?

7. parkschr

Apr 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Read the first post for the solution.