• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

parkschr

Android Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2010
Ohio
Has anyone Sports Tap widget quit working after 2.2 OTA? The app still works but not the widget.

Update:

After I installed 2.2, the widget quit working. I could not figure it out. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. Finally after several days of playing with it, I found the problem.

Before the update, I only had a star next to my favorite teams and it worked. After the update you must have the alert box checked so that you have a star and a "signal strength looking thing" next to your favorite teams. I do not have the alert box checked under the preference page. Now it works!

Hopefully this will work for others.

widget works fine for me, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? a factory reset after installing 2.2?

I tried uninstalling several times and it did not work. From the comment section, there are other DI owners who can not get the widget to work.

I don't think I want to do a factory reset. Too much time spent setting up the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones