1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Spotify

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TobesEtc, Jun 3, 2011.

1. TobesEtc

TobesEtc Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2010
    MD of software co.
    London, UK
    Has anyone any experience of using Spotify as a way of syncing music across to their Android? It seems to work really well on my SGS2. Certainly the music comes across simply from my PC and can be played perfectly by the Spotify app...but doesn't seem to show up in the stock player. No big loss there!

So, the question: Any drawbacks I should be aware of?

I'm asking because I've decided to dump iTunes completely and will use a Ripper (prob dBpoweramp: CD Ripper & Audio Converter. Secure ripping to mp3, FLAC, m4a, Apple Lossless & WMA) to convert and manage my music files, then I'm thinking Spotify to bring it over to the SGS2 and play the stuff.

I'll put it all in FLAC som my home streamer (fyi Squeezebox) can play it, too.

Just wish I'd not spent ages a year ago ripping 300 CD's into Apple Lossless. Doh! Luckily, I'm told db can convert it all for me.

Advertisement

2. Lol mahmood

Lol mahmood Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    Only drawback with relying on spotify is that it apparently eats up battery faster than the stock music player, even in offline mode. Why not use doubletwist which, I think, can handle itunes files?

3. elektrobix

elektrobix Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 27, 2009
    UK
    I used to use Spotify on my phone and on my iPod but found it quite slow at times, i don't know if it's improved? Plus i didn't particularly want to pay them