• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TobesEtc

Android Enthusiast
May 12, 2010
London, UK
Has anyone any experience of using Spotify as a way of syncing music across to their Android? It seems to work really well on my SGS2. Certainly the music comes across simply from my PC and can be played perfectly by the Spotify app...but doesn't seem to show up in the stock player. No big loss there!

So, the question: Any drawbacks I should be aware of?

I'm asking because I've decided to dump iTunes completely and will use a Ripper (prob dBpoweramp: CD Ripper & Audio Converter. Secure ripping to mp3, FLAC, m4a, Apple Lossless & WMA) to convert and manage my music files, then I'm thinking Spotify to bring it over to the SGS2 and play the stuff.

I'll put it all in FLAC som my home streamer (fyi Squeezebox) can play it, too.

Just wish I'd not spent ages a year ago ripping 300 CD's into Apple Lossless. Doh! Luckily, I'm told db can convert it all for me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones