• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spouse hiding info on mytouch slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

dqdigital

Lurker
Nov 15, 2010
My wife has a mytouch slide and I'm not familiar with the droid OS. we have been having issues and she became extremely defensive when I asked to go through her phone.

I need help as I think she is using an app to keep her "real" phone hidden from me. She also uses handcent which I understand can prevent people from viewing your text messages.

How can I tell if her phone is rooted?
How can I tell if she is using a launcher app?
How can I tell if she is using a home switcher app?
Any other ideas to give a novice the tools to get to the bottom of whats being hidden from me.

One other thing. i noticed her working in something and when I asked for the phone she quickly closed the app and pressed the key at the top of the phone to lock the phone. When I unlocked the phone I was presented with her home screen and recent items did not show anything like what she was working in. Some sort of hotkey I'd imagine?

Honestly, a person's cell phone these days is their personal space. I'm a big computer geek, so I don't want my wife toying with my phone because she would likely change a setting that would mess me up. She knows this and doesn't ask to see my phone, and I don't ask to see hers. It's not like the old days where you share one landline. These phones are like our wallets, only more private. And honestly, when was the last time you went through your wife's wallet/purse (if you can think of a time, you're too paranoid and you're causing the issues here).

Upvote 0
Keep your hands off your wife's phone and grow the hell up. Being her husband doesn't entitle you to invade her privacy. It's called R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Ever heard of it?

In the meantime, please direct your wife to this forum. I'd be happy to PM her tips on how to keep her phone well and truly sealed from her nasty, invasive, distrustful, prying man-child spouse. Hell, I'll buy her a security app subscription if she doesn't have one already. Remote wipe and total system lockdown, let's go! Maybe we can all chip in and direct her to a divorce lawyer?

Reported to the mods for asking the forum how to do something illegal, by the way.

Reactions: nifer
Upvote 0
I have to agree with previous post as thi smells of invasion of privacy and just overall a break down in trust issues to me none of which should be handled on a public phone modding forum. What you learn on your own is your business but to ask others that you do not know to help you do it smells of desperation to me and childishness.

Upvote 0
Keep your hands off your wife's phone and grow the hell up. Being her husband doesn't entitle you to invade her privacy. It's called R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Ever heard of it?

Yep, exactly. If you are having trust issues with your wife, you shouldnt have to spy on her. Talk it out with her like a man, or go to counseling, or whatever you have to do. If she really is keeping things from you, that is wrong. But that doesnt give you the right to spy on her.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones