• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spreadsheet Applications???

So, has anybody been using the Spreadsheet in Documents to Go? Does it work well on Android device? I'm thinking that if I switch from Palm some of the info I currently have in a mobile database (SmartList) will need to be recorded in spreadsheets at least until Android apps catch up to PalmOS apps in this area.

I use it for viewing my spreadsheets and it does an adequate job for my needs at the office (pricing spreadsheets). The formatting is off in a few areas but is still usable. I have not used it to modify my spreadsheets. It is definitely a big improvement over the spreadsheet apps I used with my Treo 700 and windows mobile.

Upvote 0
So, has anybody been using the Spreadsheet in Documents to Go? Does it work well on Android device? I'm thinking that if I switch from Palm some of the info I currently have in a mobile database (SmartList) will need to be recorded in spreadsheets at least until Android apps catch up to PalmOS apps in this area.

I just bought Documents to Go last night, and I only have dead simple spreadsheets, so I can't say a lot. However, the two spreadsheets I copied over from my former Windows Mobile 6.1 phone work fine. In particular I have one that I use as a database, and there were no problems with it. It will take some time to get used to the completely different UI, but it seems to be okay.

Upvote 0
I have the pay version of DTG and only have a couple of simple spreadsheets, however whenever I tried to search for text within them the sheet closed and I was left with the Splashscreen again.

On trying to open the document again I got the message that the previous document hadn't closed properly and did I want to recover any changes?

It didn't matter whether I answered Yes;No or Cancel, the same thing happened when I tried to search again.

I reported the error to Dataviz who asked me to try with other databases but I got the same result.

In the end I found that my problem could be solved by changing from the default Android keyboard to the Touchpal one.

So I don't know whether this is only an issue for me, or users with the same phone (Samsung Galaxy 1.5 running GalaxoHero 1.1 rom), but if anyone else has the same issue, try changing keyboards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones