1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Spreadsheet file transfer

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by davidmihjn, Jul 30, 2013.

1. davidmihjn

davidmihjn Lurker
    None

I want to transfer a spreadsheet to my Huawei 8665 from my 10.8.4 OS X MacBook. I downloaded Android File Transfer and connected my android with a cable but the message is "No Android Device Found." There was help on the internet for people with a Samsung: get Samsung Kies. Radioshack, where I bought the android, had no advice.

I have SDCardManage and the full DocumentsToGo apps.

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    You'd put your phone's microSD card in an USB card reader, put it in the Mac's USB slot and copy the Excel file on the card.

If your phone has USB OTG (I think it has) then you'd use an USB OTG cable on your phone and tranfer files via thumb drive (USB stick).

If you've to transfer more often, you'd use your WiFi. A file manager like ES File Explorer could access a network share on your Mac via WiFi.

And you'd use Google Drive or Dropbox ... :)

Harry

3. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert
    None

Aug 30, 2012
    Harry2 has the right ideas. I'd like to take this opportunity to shamelessly plug my list of cloud storage referral bonuses, linked in my sig. :D

Additionally, you could just use USB Mass Storage mode. When you plug in your phone, in the notifications there should be one about USB Mass Storage mode; tap it and enable it, then your phone's MicroSD card shows up like a USB flash drive, as if you had put the card directly into your computer's SD slot.