1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Spring cleaning question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by taizzle70, Aug 9, 2012.

1. taizzle70

taizzle70 Newbie

So you know how you need to clear your cache on every app once in a while and erase history etc etc.. i was wondering what if you make a cwm restore point right after you clean out everything and instead of normally clearing cache, history, call logs etc you just restore back to the clean state? obviously you would be losing everything till that point but.. will it cause any harm if i keep restoring back every month or so?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

If rooted, why not just set phone to clear cache on every reboot?

VoidedSaint likes this.
  3. taizzle70

taizzle70 Newbie

wow.. i guess i was too noob to even know what clearing cache in cwm did.. it clears all caches on all apps? learning new things everyday haha

p.s. how do you automate the process if that's what your implying

4. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

in many ROMs, there is a box to check in the advanced settings to clear cache on every reboot

5. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert

What? why? I've never heard of the need to do this...

6. taizzle70

taizzle70 Newbie

what the.. seriously? i mean eventually you'll notice a lag as it builds up it's like clearing history and running disk cleanup on your computer.

7. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

... and battery life will suffer a lot.

Why not install a cache cleaner and have it set to longest interval (>1 wk) or just do it manually. Personally, I flash a new rom often enough where I don't need to do this. :D

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews