1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sprint 3G roaming on verizon....It's working for me

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by tennispro4ever, May 16, 2011.

1. tennispro4ever

tennispro4ever Well-Known Member

Hello all. I have used Verizon in the past for about 2 years and switched to sprint about a year ago. I normally can only roaming on Verizon with 1X. I was using Cyanogenmod 6.1.2 and would only get 1X. I am now running Cyanogenmod 7.1.3 and I am able to switch to Verizon and now get 3G roaming. Just for kicks I now reloaded from scratch back to Cyanogenmod 6.1.2 and also confirm that I get 3G roaming on Verizon.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Puddin422

Puddin422 Android Expert

How do you know you're roaming on Verizon and not just getting reception from a new tower or something?

3. tennispro4ever

Well I am running cyanogenmod 7.1.2. I go into the setting> wireless & network setting>mobile network>and select affiliated network. I can also confirm roaming if I go into about phone>then status. it will show me connected to roaming EVDO REV A. plus the speeds are pretty different between that and the home aka sprint network here.

BenChase7 likes this.
  4. Puddin422

Puddin422 Android Expert

Yet another reason for me to be mad that cyanogenmod isnt available for Epic...yet... :)

5. tennispro4ever

It's a great rom. Running stock Kernel with CM7 I easilly get double the battery life. Also I can confirm I am on verizon. When on sprint I dial ##775## and hit call and I get the message the number or code you have entered is invalid. When on Verizon I get a ladies voice lol. thats how I know.

6. tennispro4ever

Should I not be able to roam on Verizon???

I am having a weird problem. I have been having data problems the last 2 weeks or so. I have my phone set on home network and I get calls and texts fine but in Ozark, Missouri I have having horrible slow data. around 108 kbps. I don't know if it's a tower issue I have called multiple times and they keep saying that there towers are fine. I can force the phone to affiliated network which is verizon and i get calls and texts and extremely fast data. Is my phone messed up or something???

P.S. If it is my understanding the 3G on both Spring and Verizon are different frequencies...help