• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint at CTIA Mar 24th

Sounds like I'm in a similar boat as many people here. I've been eligible for a new phone since January and my contract expires March 21. With the logic above, it seems like Sprint will not announce a "new" htc phone. But possibly release a sprint version of a previously announced phone. So best case scenario we can hope for a Nexus One or a HTC Legend?

This is pretty disappointing because I doubt we'll get either. I'd really like to stay with Sprint just because they're coverage is good and the prices are so low. But without phones, I just don't think I can stay. Its CTIA for me or I'm out.

Upvote 0
I don't follow it closely enough, but after CES, MWC and no real rumors about CTIA, it makes it seem like aren't in any hurry to come out with some new high end android phones.

But if we had at least an announcement so I know how long it will take, that might be good enough. But if they let CTIA go by, and there isn't anything in the pipe, then forget it. They don't want my business

Upvote 0
I don't follow it closely enough, but after CES, MWC and no real rumors about CTIA, it makes it seem like aren't in any hurry to come out with some new high end android phones.

But if we had at least an announcement so I know how long it will take, that might be good enough. But if they let CTIA go by, and there isn't anything in the pipe, then forget it. They don't want my business

This is EXACTLY how I feel.

Upvote 0
It depends. With the N1 you get the fastest updates out of any Android phone and AMOLED screen. With the SS, you get a 4.3" screen and 4G Wimax capable phone. Some people don't want the size of 4.3" though and are not sure when they'll have Sprint's 4G service in their area (the phone will support 3G as well). With the N1, the only way you'll be able to buy one is online through Google's store. There's pros and cons for each, it comes down to your preferences.

I'll be waiting for the SS, I'll put up with the extra size and I'm hoping there will be 4G service in my area by the end of the year.

Upvote 0
Ok, so if they do release both at the same time, which is the better phone??? I just got my Hero 2 days ago, and hopefully will still be in the return window when either of these will drop....

Any thoughts????

Ken

For me the better phone would be the one that has the best value, both in price and plan choices alike. :)

but if plan choices and price (phone and plans) are being equal, it would very hard. I would just say, which ever is available first. :D

Upvote 0
Well since my first post in this thread (#14), I may just take back what I said. Due to the recent developments posted all week long, it may well be more likely that the Supersonic will be shown at the event, regardless if HTC is not speaking. We shall see next week. Can't hardly wait. Maybe my offering to the Gods did work. :D

TS out (making more offerings)

Upvote 0
So if the SS and the N1 both hit Sprint, then what is the point of Samsung producing the new version of the Moment? Sure, wow, it will have TV!... but will that one aspect be enough to outweigh the N1 and SS to consumers?

My thoughts are no. And I bet Samsung will realize this and take the next gen Moment to a different carrier just like Palm did.

Upvote 0
So if the SS and the N1 both hit Sprint, then what is the point of Samsung producing the new version of the Moment? Sure, wow, it will have TV!... but will that one aspect be enough to outweigh the N1 and SS to consumers?

My thoughts are no. And I bet Samsung will realize this and take the next gen Moment to a different carrier just like Palm did.

True... But at least the Moment is a better phone than the Pre, in my opinion.... so it might have legs somewhere else.

Ken

Upvote 0
I think the Moment is still a very good phone, just update the processor, add a little more memory and probably make it look better and viola, a phone that could butt heads with the SS and N1. I was set to get the Moment early April, but looks like I'll just wait for the newer phones that will come very shortly. :)

EDIT: Of course it should have 2.1. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones