• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Bricked Sprint Note 3 when on 4.3 while rooted

Kuchek

Lurker
Mar 23, 2011
Hello I bricked my Note 3 while rooted running 4.3. I used Odin to flash the stock firmware provided by sammobile and it unrooted me and upgraded me to 4.4.2. That is wonderful except no (and I mean none) root exploits now work. Odin says success but I don't have root. Kingo has said both success and fail but either way no root. I noticed my baseband version is different than instructional videos. Any help would be great. I'm not smart just good at following instruction lol thanks. I included screen shot.

Attachments

• 1399151299962.jpg
    1399151299962.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0
If you used to firmware from sammie mobile it will root. First I would NOT flash the using Odin 3.09 I would use v1.85( google it to find a download ). After you flash the firmware, let phone settle down for about 15min. ( get a coffee ) now go to settings/back up and reset and do a factory reset on the new firmware you just installed. This seems to clean the last of junk in closet.LOL Now go to xda download Philz CWM custom recovery here is the link [m8][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch - xda-developers find your device which should be hltespr and download the tar file place on pc desktop flash with Odin. Now to root use super su v1.94 here is the direct link download the update SuperSU Download now place that zip on your sd card. Open recovery flash supersu and you should be rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones