1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[Sprint] Broke My Handset While It Was Getting Repaired.

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by Mr.Fluffy, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Mr.Fluffy

Mr.Fluffy Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    Hello, I went to the Sprint Repair Store here in Round Rock, Texas and i have been there 5 times already getting my Evo fixed the 1st time was the speaker went out. 2nd time was when the kick stand broke. 3rd time was when the camera broke. now i have to go again tomorrow because when sprint fixed the 3 times they had to take my phone apart to get them fixed so when i got my phone back the 3rd time my phone on the top left cornor ( where the headphone jack it) its has a big gap there i guess they tried to force the phone open and the screw was in there and the plastic is broken and the screw is still there and now i dont know how they would repair it because its like broken cant be fixed. i didnt know till now because of my case i had on there .Just so mad i love my phone dearly and why did they have to break it! So i was wondering would they give me a free replacement because they broke it or would they try and fix it somehow?

The first pic is how big the gap is!

The second pic is the screw is still attached to the other side and the red part has a big whole where the screw is supossed to be.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. Ivansandroid

Ivansandroid Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    BUSINESS MAN
    BUCKEYE NATION
    Call Sprint first thing in the morning. I wouldn't deal with the store just yet, because they did break it, they might not be willing to admit it. Call them and explain what happened, making sure to take down names or tech #'s on whom you spoke too, and let them tell you what your next step should be. If the person your speaking too doesnt seem to want to help, ask to speak to their supervisor, that seems to usually get things moving.
    Just my advice anyways. Hope it helps.

Mr.Fluffy likes this.
  3. Brian360

Brian360 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    They did the same thing to my phone and gave me a brand new hand set on the spot.

Mr.Fluffy likes this.
  4. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert
    None

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    i would go back to the store and ask to speak to the manager. politely and professionally show him/her your broken phone and explain what happen and ask him/her for a free replacement phone. if they decline, get his/her name and tell him/her that you wanted to first give them a chance to make it right but now you have no choice and as soon as you get home you will be calling and writing a letter to the president of the company.

good luck.

Mr.Fluffy likes this.
  5. Mr.Fluffy

Mr.Fluffy Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    Went to the repair store and i told them they broke it so i talked to the manager and he said he was sorry for the inconvinence and he gave me a new one on the spot! Woot! Woot!

BenChase7 likes this.
  6. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Wow, very nice!!

Sprint's customer service is really great these days!

BenChase7 likes this.
  7. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert
    None

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    in the future be very very careful about giving your phone to retail store techs. personally - i do not let them touch my phone. i question their technical expertise and i question their ability to fix my phone. what i don't question is their ability to break my phone further and abuse my phone.

now get yourself a good case to protect your new phone if you don't have one already. i highly recommend -

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocase Active Case for HTC EVO 4G - Limited Edition: Cell Phones & Accessories

enjoy!

8. lthomps52

lthomps52 Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    Customer Service
    Rockford, IL
    OMG yesterday I woke up to no data services at all on my Evo Shift. I was able to text and call I just couldn't use any applications or the web. Anyway, I went into the store and the tech. took my phone and they reset it and now the darn thing won't even activate or register on the network and they had to order a new phone and I'm out of a phone until Tuesday. I'm never taking my phone in there again.

9. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010

you woke up with an issue....no data service..

took it to sprint store.. they reset it.. and more issues where uncovered.

unless you give me more info that prove otherwise... I dont see how it is sprint tech's fault.
    the phone had a problem that caused all related issues.

10. lthomps52

lthomps52 Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    Customer Service
    Rockford, IL
    When I dropped it off I was able to make calls and text, upon getting it back I am not able to do anything my phone is paper weight. I just think it's funny that I get it back and now I am not able to do anything.