1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint] Can't seem to save a firmware file to sd

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alpha2k, Oct 15, 2014.

1. alpha2k

alpha2k Android Expert

I've downloaded the nc6 firmware file from Sam mobile and then copied or moved it to the SD card.

For whatever reason the file seems to get corrupted or messed up somehow so I can't re-use it at a later time. I am putting it on my SD card and using es file manager to move it and have also tried using the stock file browser and both times the file says it copies fine but when I go to view it or its contents, or unzip it, it says "bad file size" and will also not let me view our unzip the file.
    I have used the file twice now and Odin uses it and shows the md5 check as being fine when I use it through Odin, that's why this has me a bit confused.

Is it not possible to save the firmware file to the SD, or possibly I'm doing something wrong in the move/copy process?

2. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

try to rename the extention.. and maybe try to copy with a sdmc directly plugged into your pc?

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews