• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint CEO: Android Not Good Enough For Us

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Sprint has long been rumored to be delivering an Android Phone sooner rather than later and was supposedly only waiting for their new 4G WiMax service to cover a broader range. That’s not the case. According to a Reuters article, Sprint CEO Dan Hesse told a group media folks that Android - in its curent [...]

More...

I think he has a point from a bussniess prespective. Android is in its baby stage. Sprint just wants to give it a year or two before dumping money into their own phone.

Horrible business decision. Sprint PCS needs to make a much needed adjustment to their business model. I mean for god's sake they bought Nextel, that's as big a drain as AOL is on Time Warner. They are on the bottom of the totem pole for a reason. In re baby stage ... well this is not some new brand offering, this is google.

They made a huge mistake for making a statement like that. Google doesn't need Sprint at all. Dumb move .... and they are prolly going to pay for it.

Now back to playing with my baby.

Reactions: mariadroid
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones