• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Class Action??

This is perfect example of how rediculous our legal system has become. There was nothing misleading about this charge. Sprint has the right to charge whatever it chooses and consumers have the right to go elsewhere with their business. I may not like the charge but I knew about it up front and chose to pay it.

Here in America, with think it is our right (and our obligation) to sue about everything...

Upvote 0
I also rec'd this email from Bursor Law. Looks like they're claiming Sprint charged customers who were already paying for a data plan that included "everything" (i.e. "Everything Data" Plan) an extra fee for the part of "everything" that "everything" didn't include.

I'm curious though - it appears there is more than one lawsuit in the works for this same issue:

This talks about the lawsuit: Sprint Class Action Lawsuit Complaint Filed Over Sprint’s HTC Evo 4G Cell Phone & Samsung Epic 4G Cell Phone & Sprint’s 4G Network | ClassActionLawsuitsInTheNews

Here's the case from San Diego Atty. Ronald Marron: http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/10/01/SprintCA.pdf

I think Scott Bursor is in NY.

So, does anyone know if these two atty's are working together, or who is handling it - and can more than one submit a class action suit?

Upvote 0
Glad to see someone else questioning this email.
I too received the same email Directly to me.

From Day one I have had the Sprint EVO and have had an unlimited data plan beginning with my Motorola Q almost 5 years ago. So why the extra $10 even though 4G is still not available in my area.
This lawyer makes a good point.

Hope something comes from it!

Googled this Lawyer.
He has pursued several lawsuits against Verizon, Sprint and other large corporations.
Apparently he has done well.

Upvote 0

From Day one I have had the Sprint EVO and have had an unlimited data plan beginning with my Motorola Q almost 5 years ago. So why the extra $10 even though 4G is still not available in my area.

Googled this Lawyer.
He has pursued several lawsuits against Verizon, Sprint and other large corporations.

What do you hope comes from this??

Will you take your money from the settlement and learn to read a contract before you sign it?

Upvote 0

Googled this Lawyer.

Your answer: Because the $10 charge is not a charge to access the 4G network.

Have a good day.

Upvote 0
I was strongly against the $10 premium (or whatever you call it), I'm still against it to this day. I just don't see any benefit from it. But since I knew about it before I got my phone, and agreed to it by continuing my purchase, I wouldn't join this class action law suit. First of, what ever money we receive from such a case (if any) would be charged else wear, in the end the consumer will still end up in the loosing end.

Upvote 0
Sprint should just raise all their plan rates $10. They'd still be cheaper than every other major carrier.

I completely agree.

Although I see your guy's point, it would kinda suck for those who do not use an EVO or Epic. As you stated, even with the 10 bucks, the plans are still significantly cheaper than VZW and ATT and include more, ESPECIALLY if you're an intensive data user... like most of us. I would have about 50 dollars in data overage a month if not for Sprint. So, its pretty hard to complain when you compare Sprint to the competition. The one advantage to just raising the plan across the board is that ridiculous threads like this would cease to exist. lol

Upvote 0
Although I see your guy's point, it would kinda suck for those who do not use an EVO or Epic. As you stated, even with the 10 bucks, the plans are still significantly cheaper than VZW and ATT and include more, ESPECIALLY if you're an intensive data user... like most of us. I would have about 50 dollars in data overage a month if not for Sprint. So, its pretty hard to complain when you compare Sprint to the competition. The one advantage to just raising the plan across the board is that ridiculous threads like this would cease to exist. lol

In the long run, I think it would help out the future consumer. If All plans were raised $10, it would negate the fee for add-a-lines. For example, instead of paying $150 for 2 Evos under 1500ED (which I presume none of us here are as we get corp discounts), we would be paying $140.

Upvote 0
I could see a possibility, if people were not getting the benefits/performance which is part of the reason/excuse for the charge.

Exactly. When I signed up, I expected to be getting a premium phone, and service. Part of what made the Epic a premium phone, was the anticipation of a 4G network. Well forget 4G, for the second time since I signed up 3 months ago, there is not even any 3g service.

Upvote 0
Exactly. When I signed up, I expected to be getting a premium phone, and service. Part of what made the Epic a premium phone, was the anticipation of a 4G network. Well forget 4G, for the second time since I signed up 3 months ago, there is not even any 3g service.

You didnt check those things before you bought the phone? Or, better yet, on day 29/30 you could have returned it and been scott free from contract AND data/voice minutes used. Sprint gave you every opportunity.

Upvote 0
You didnt check those things before you bought the phone? Or, better yet, on day 29/30 you could have returned it and been scott free from contract AND data/voice minutes used. Sprint gave you every opportunity.

Check what? In the first month, 3g was working. The first outage happened in the second month, and now 3g is down again, in the third month.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones