1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] boot problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darkgalaxy, Nov 6, 2014.

1. darkgalaxy

darkgalaxy Lurker

I have a samsung galaxy s3 with some stuff stored on the phone I want to get back. Some data wasn't on the card. When this happened the first time I put my cellphone down and next time I checked it automatically turned off. When I noticed this I tired to turn on my phone again and it booted perfectly. New minutes later it turned off on me again. As time went on the phone started to die faster and faster to the point now it shows the galaxy picture on boot up then instantly turns off. I tried switching out batteries but I ran into the same issue. My two guesses is it has something to do with boot loop or the connector on the phone and the battery went bad. But if it was a boot loop it wouldnt of booted up correctly first and second times. Any clue? If its possible I would like to order the part I need and repair the phone myself. Thanks for your time.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dsmryder

dsmryder Android Expert

Try to put it into the refridgerator for like ten minutes. If that works then get what you can off of it and order another one.

3. darkgalaxy

darkgalaxy Lurker

I'll definitely try that. Freezer or refrigerator? And I'm on my new one right now I got it off eBay. Thanks!

4. darkgalaxy

darkgalaxy Lurker

Thanks freezer or refrig?

5. darkgalaxy

darkgalaxy Lurker

It automatically turns on but same thing. Hits the blue loading scree nand then disappears and turns back off after a few seconds but it does not try to reboot itself so I dont believe its a boot loop problem

--

By holding the power button my phone does nothing. When I take out the battery and put it back in then it tries to boot. But it hits the blue loadign screen then turns itself back on (no boot looping) just turns itself back off. But the power button does nothing.

--

after messing with it for about an hour it did manage to boot up once all the way. but as soon as it hit the login screen with my passcode it turned back off... :'( it seems like sometimes it gets lucky and boots farther than others.. it cant be the bootloop has to be something inside the phone like the battery connector.

6. dsmryder

dsmryder Android Expert

By the discription is sounds like the power button is faulty(stuck on most of the time). Look into repairing it or replacing the phone. They go for about $116 on ebay.

7. darkgalaxy

darkgalaxy Lurker

I need the data out of it lol

8. darkgalaxy

darkgalaxy Lurker

I'm pretty sure it's the housing on my phone is loose causing the battery to easily go out.

9. darkgalaxy

darkgalaxy Lurker

I got it! I got all the data off of it. It was a loose housing on the battery. I messed with it a little and I got it to boot up. Found the best way was to put the phone with the back case off and slam the phone down forcing it to boot up. Don't try to pick it up just let it sit there sometimes it would boot up all the way. Don't try to connect a charger or anything it will force it to turn off. Lightly touch the screen making sure u dont mess with the battery. I transferred everything to my sd card before my battery died! Thankyou!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews