1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] can I move apps to the SD card after rooting?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnd206, Aug 12, 2012.

1. johnd206

johnd206 Lurker

Hi I have not decided to root my S3 as of yet. I had an orginal EVO and rooted with no problems mainly to get wifi tether. I'm wondering if there's an opition to transfer files to the SD card after rooting. I have called Samsung and they said that the only files supported on the SD are apps of >1GB and personal files. I'm a rhapsody user and I have roughly 13gb of music that I want to transfer to my 64GB card. I have found that manually moving them violates song licesnes and they will not play.

So...Is there an opition to transfer apps after rooting?

Thanks!
    JD

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Scotlac

Scotlac Member

In general there is not. Unlike the OG Evo, the S3 has plenty of space for apk's.

As far as the music goes, I think there must be some way to have the app place that on the SD card. I'm not familiar with the Rhapsody app but I think they would have to have provisions in place for that.

3. Basically no. As far as music. Just put it on the external sd card.
    Oh I read the rest of the post. I would move all the music to the pc, and then move it to the external.
    I would cut that service if you can't put it where you want. Because if not, is it really yours?

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

5. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

That's probably it my friend, but is it necessary since this thing has so much storage anyways?

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Same thing I thought when I first read the thread...but who knows.

7. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews