1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] Clean up files?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jackroo, Dec 4, 2013.

1. jackroo

jackroo Android Enthusiast

Does anyone have any personal reccomendations of how to go about cleaning my 0 file on my phone? I ask because I feel I'm short on room in my phone. I don't have a ton of pics, music, or apps and yet I only have 7gb of storage space left. Does this sound accurate or is there stuff taking up space that I can't see? I do flash ROMs but I always try and delete old downloads when I don't use them anymore. I appreciate the tips. I Googled and looked at different methods to go about cleaning up storage space but just curious about personal recommendations. Thanks guys

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jackroo

** I did try Clean Master from the Play Store but it didn't free up a ton of space

3. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

If you recently went to for 4.3 then you might have to wipe your SD card. I've noticed there's some repartitioning that happens between 4.3 and the later versions of Android. This creates a new folder on your SD card that connects internal to external thus bloating your files. Backup your files wipe your SD card push them back Fix.

jackroo likes this.
  4. jackroo

I only have an internal storage and yes, I have gone to 4.3. I unfortunately don't have a computer to back up any files :( is there any other way to completely wipe my phone and then restore anything? I appreciate the guidance.

5. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

Dropbox... mediafire? Cloud storage? backup to one of em and wipe...

6. jackroo

I could just save a ROM to drop box, wipe everything and then still flash it? Im still confused

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews