• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] Clean up files?

jackroo

Android Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2012
Does anyone have any personal reccomendations of how to go about cleaning my 0 file on my phone? I ask because I feel I'm short on room in my phone. I don't have a ton of pics, music, or apps and yet I only have 7gb of storage space left. Does this sound accurate or is there stuff taking up space that I can't see? I do flash ROMs but I always try and delete old downloads when I don't use them anymore. I appreciate the tips. I Googled and looked at different methods to go about cleaning up storage space but just curious about personal recommendations. Thanks guys

If you recently went to for 4.3 then you might have to wipe your SD card. I've noticed there's some repartitioning that happens between 4.3 and the later versions of Android. This creates a new folder on your SD card that connects internal to external thus bloating your files. Backup your files wipe your SD card push them back Fix.

Reactions: jackroo
Upvote 0
If you recently went to for 4.3 then you might have to wipe your SD card. I've noticed there's some repartitioning that happens between 4.3 and the later versions of Android. This creates a new folder on your SD card that connects internal to external thus bloating your files. Backup your files wipe your SD card push them back Fix.

I only have an internal storage and yes, I have gone to 4.3. I unfortunately don't have a computer to back up any files :( is there any other way to completely wipe my phone and then restore anything? I appreciate the guidance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones