• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] Couple questions before I root

fbm111

Feb 13, 2010
I am getting ready to root my mothers GS3 on sprint. I have adb setup in windows 8 that I used to root my GS3 Verizon.

I have read a few ways to root the sprint GS3. Want I want to make sure of is I don't wipe the data.

Can someone please post a link of the way that will not wipe the data please just so I can double check my research. I don't care if bootloader is unlocked all I need is root.

Thanks!

I am getting ready to root my mothers GS3 on sprint. I have adb setup in windows 8 that I used to root my GS3 Verizon.

I have read a few ways to root the sprint GS3. Want I want to make sure of is I don't wipe the data.

Can someone please post a link of the way that will not wipe the data please just so I can double check my research. I don't care if bootloader is unlocked all I need is root.

Thanks!

Go to www.qbking77.com and follow the root method for the Sprint Galaxy S3 there. That method will not wipe data.

Upvote 0
Go to www.qbking77.com and follow the root method for the Sprint Galaxy S3 there. That method will not wipe data.

+1...

this rooting method..
that was what i used 1 month ago to root my Sprint S3. it did not wipe the info on my SDcard or the internal memory.

Loading a ROM.. is a different matter. to flash a new ROM on to your phone.. it is highly recommended that you wipe the phone.. all data on the internal mem.
you can try to do it dirty (only wiping "cache" and "dalvik").. but you might have weird issues.. unstable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones