1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] Horrid Battery Life!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaisFlaque, Dec 8, 2013.

1. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

So I'm running the last stable version of rootbox. 20130805. Been great. Till I started playing Survival Craft. After about a week of playing I noticed my battery was under 15% and I was plugged in... WTF? I then continued to play (while plugged in) and the pos shut down from lack of juice. But I was charging the whole time. So now I can't do anything unless I'm plugged in. And the only way to get it to charge is to have the phone off. It started with the game and now I can't even surf the web without it starting to die (while on charger.

Now my gf has on too. So I thought let's try a different battery... wrong still does it. Different charger.... nope! Different battery + different charger... NOPE!

So then it's gotta be an application or the rom right? Probably Survival Craft but I don't even see it in my battery stats. And the battery stats are crazy. Like my screen is taking 60% and up. and my battery life chart is pretty much straight down to 0%...

What's going on?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Android Expert

I would try adjust your screen brightness and screen timeout.

DaisFlaque likes this.
  3. DaisFlaque

Where have you been? And those are the first things I did. Lol. Idk what else. I tried to flash a new rom like vanilla rootbox but themes wouldn't work right. Statusbar wouldn't take themes. And reboot/freezing all over on vanilla and pac man roms. Thx for the quick reply... BTW you still doing 187mod? That's the thing that got me to finally take the leap and root my shtuff. Never looked back either... lmfao.
    ............. ^^^^^
    Not a typo lol.

4. The~Skater~187

That's weird, PAC ran great on my sprint S3 with lean kernel. Never tried root box, burn out the internal SIM card after doing the 4.3 update. Waiting for my new replacement S3 now.

Btw: Sorry bro, I have been mad busy. I just got my desk top back up and running the other day (had to format and reinstall everything) and got me a shiny new Lenovo S210 Touch (which I just got setup with Windows 7 ultimatex64 and 64 bit Linux mint), so I will be re downloading all required source code to both my computers (so I can work on it on the go as well) and I will hook you up with what I have. Sorry about the disappearance, this is always a busy time of year for me.

5. DaisFlaque

It's Koo hey ima pm u my number. Call or txt me ASAP. K?

6. The~Skater~187

I'll try. I'm at work right now and I'm actually working on a client's network while I'm at my other job. Shhhh, don't tell my bosses, lmao. But I'll definitely get back to you as soon as I get a chance it might not be until like 10:00 p.m. eastern time.

DaisFlaque likes this.
  7. DaisFlaque

Thx bro that's like 7pm here. Not too long. and lol fun I need a guy like you on my staff. Shyt I could really use anyone to help my failing business. Lol sad day.
    Your multi tasking that is.

8. DaisFlaque

Yeah I've got a replacement pos from asurion. That's probably my problem.

9. The~Skater~187

Got a replacement what? Phone?

10. DaisFlaque

Yup I think it's a referb.

11. The~Skater~187

I think that's what I got to.

12. DaisFlaque

Too*. Lmfao!

13. The~Skater~187

I swear, my autocorrect hates me.

14. DaisFlaque

Same here.lol

15. The~Skater~187

So you didn't have any luck getting the eclipse sources?

16. DaisFlaque

No remember I tried and there's just too many different download links and a ton of stuff I got to confused. Send me a direct link and Idk call me so I can't screw up.lol

17. DaisFlaque

Gotta set up my desktop again. I've put it away since we last spoke.

18. DaisFlaque

Hey please help I am running your 187Mod on the Prevail, with respect to your original config, I have added a overclock mod to the ROM but that's it, yet I plugged in my new Bluetooth Headphones and the sound seems stuck on blast. I have tried as many apps that Supposedly "control" volumes with more failures than I would like to admit. Is the overclock doing this? any advice would be very much appreciated. I love your mod and would very much like to keep it. plz help???

19. DaisFlaque

Hahaha still waiting on your answer... oh ya that was from February 2012.

20. The~Skater~187

It may be. I have never had anyone else mention a problem with the volume.

Slayer72 and DaisFlaque like this.
  21. The~Skater~187

As soon as I have all of the correct source code for the sprint s3 I will send you a copy and we can the get started. I get back home tomorrow night and I plan to re install the android ask, my apktools and other such stuff and start downloading the code.

Slayer72 likes this.
  22. DaisFlaque

Kewl thx

Slayer72 likes this.
  23. DaisFlaque

Oh I don't even have a working prevail anymore. Just goosing you.

24. The~Skater~187

Mine still works. I use it as a remote for my desktop at home.:D it's currently running cm7

Slayer72 likes this.
  25. DaisFlaque

Eh... Got the pos from Amazon and USB broke right after day 1. Can't charge any more... Idk what else I can do for her.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews