1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] Kernels

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 3VOcrack, Jul 7, 2013.

1. 3VOcrack

3VOcrack Well-Known Member

I see a sticky post for Roms, but what about Kernels? I am not new to rooting (Evo) but cant seem to find really any Kernel links.

Anyone have any recommendations for a list of Kernels to choose from or can create a sticky thread for Kernels like the Roms? We did that on the Evo thread when I was active on here, getting back into it.

What are some Roms and Roms/Kernel combos some people recommend? (yes I know its personal preference, but great minds think alike...)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AARONONE

AARONONE Android Enthusiast

Like the idea. It didn't seem the are many kernels for the s3. Currently I'm on MOAR with ktoonez latest kernel. Getting good results (19hrs heavy use). Prior I was running freezes latest and got good results as well.

Others have recommended anthrax, which you may remember from the evo. I have yet to try it.

I really liked trinity on the Gnex, but I think the only touch wiz one was for ics.

3VOcrack likes this.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Touchwiz kernels dont have a lot of options.

Theres
    freezas stock
    ktoonsez
    Anthrax (my fav, but you have to be a member to get it)

For AOSP I'd recommend:
    DKP
    Kernel+
    BMS

jackroo and AARONONE like this.
  4. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Android Expert

I'm currently running lean kernel with eclipse 4.2.2 and it's running smooth as butter on a hot summer day. :D

Rxpert83 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews