1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] LG8 Firmware Bits

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NYCHitman1, Aug 18, 2012.

1. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

Hey folks! Does anyone happen to have a working mirror to the LG8 firmware (flashable in recovery)?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

I still have the file on my phone. I'll upload it to my dev-host account when I get home.

But I only have the radio. I don't have the other bits that need to be flashed in Odin. I was going to wait for JB before flashing that stuff.

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

4. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

5. dacull

dacull Lurker

I'm a little bit confused. If I install the blazer rom do I still need anything from the ota like the radio and kernel update or the smart search or wifi fix, or are these things included in the rom?

6. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

Radios should be fine, kernel is included, and I'm not sure what you're asking about with regards to the other 2 items

7. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

A ROM is a ROM. Doesn't really have much to do with the firmware bits. There are behind the scenes files like rpm, tz, sbl, aboot, etc.. which I would like to have updated for my wife's phone, so it is up to date.

However, I solved the issue with just restoring back to stock and allowing the updates to install, then re-rooting and flashing w/e ROM she likes.

8. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

Roms actually come with kernels in them, which is why you want a custom kernel, you install it after the ROM. So no, a ROM isn't just a ROM. And android itself IS firmware.

firm

9. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

10. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

the definition was an attempt a a dryly humored joke, but if you do development s a hobby and a profession, you should know that all android firmware releases come with their own respective kernel baked in to the rom. And i guess i missed that you were after the lg8 bits because of the fact that you didnt ask for the bits.... you asked for a mirror to the lg8 firmware, more specifically, one which would be flashable via recovery.
    I think that you got offended by what was meant to be a joke. Long story short, relax man.

11. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

Firmware bits :)

12. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

still dont see that in the thread title.... subsequent post yes, thread title? No.

NYCHitman1 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews