• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] MOAR problems

Mtbsinger85

Jul 4, 2010
I had an older version of MOAR, but the MD4 update came out and notified me every 5 minutes that I didn't have it. I was sick of the notification, so I decided to flash the newest version of MOAR available, which was 4.1 I think. I flashed it, and it froze 4 times on me in a 24 hour period. It seems any time the screen locks in landscape mode it freezes. I'm not sure what was up. I tried the peoples rom, but titanium backup would not work with it, and I could not get the drivers to work to be able to back anything up from my computer. So I did a factory reset clean flash of MOAR 4.1 to see if that was the problem, but alas, it's still freezing today. Does anyone know if MOAR 5.0 has the same issue?

I would try changing the Kernal. I'm using Freeza's at this moment.

I'm still on the Preview 2 and haven't had any issues. I may put v5.0 on tonight, or maybe wait to see if there will be an update, there seems to be some people still having FCs in the Messaging app and a few other minor bugs that were not in the Preview versions.

Upvote 0
Same issue here. I had an older ROM (forgot which) and was tired of the update notifications. So I updated to the latest Peoples ROM and I started getting UI hands in landscape. Thinking it was that ROM, I flashed to MOAR 4.1 and I still get UI hangs.

Can't exactly put my finger on when it happens. Most of the time it seems that it happens when I have set the phone down and pick it up to use it again. Does not seem to happen when I am using it.

I tried all three kernels with MOAR and that did not fix the problem.

Upvote 0
I have fixed this issue that Mtbsinger85 reported on my phone. It had not dawned on me that the lockup was always in landscape mode until I read his post. Armed with that knowledge, It was easy to reproduce the problem at will.

Simply bring up an application that supports landscape, rotate the phone to landscape and turn off the screen. When you attempt to turn the phone back on, your UI locked. My guess is that if you allowed the screen to timeout while in landscape the same thing would happen.

When turning the screen back on, the previous screen is shown (locked up) rather than the lock screen. This go me investigating the lock screen.

It turns out that my phone was in AOSP lockscreen mode with Ripple effects turned on. This was the cause. The two are mutually exclusive (as indicated in the settings panel) and cannot be set at the same time but somehow the flash defaulted to that combination.

To fixed the problem, visit the Settings/Lockscreen/Lockscreen Options page and turn off the ripple effect.

Note that if you are in AOSP mode and turn on ripple it will turn off Ripple effects to prevent this issue.

Reactions: Mtbsinger85
Upvote 0
I have fixed this issue that Mtbsinger85 reported on my phone. It had not dawned on me that the lockup was always in landscape mode until I read his post. Armed with that knowledge, It was easy to reproduce the problem at will.

Simply bring up an application that supports landscape, rotate the phone to landscape and turn off the screen. When you attempt to turn the phone back on, your UI locked. My guess is that if you allowed the screen to timeout while in landscape the same thing would happen.

When turning the screen back on, the previous screen is shown (locked up) rather than the lock screen. This go me investigating the lock screen.

It turns out that my phone was in AOSP lockscreen mode with Ripple effects turned on. This was the cause. The two are mutually exclusive (as indicated in the settings panel) and cannot be set at the same time but somehow the flash defaulted to that combination.

To fixed the problem, visit the Settings/Lockscreen/Lockscreen Options page and turn off the ripple effect.

Note that if you are in AOSP mode and turn on ripple it will turn off Ripple effects to prevent this issue.

I realized I had ripple on with the aosp lock screen, and turning it off seems to have fixed the problem.

Upvote 0
I agree. I think there is many bugs with AOSP lockscreen. IF you enable anything in accessiibility while having AOSP lockscreen enabled, you will get reboots when trying to unlock. I was able to unlock the screen be4 the accessibility options ran (in my case Tasker, Utter, LMT (which dont work for me), and Flash Blink.

I had to change it to the Stock Lockscreen and now i dont get a freeze (reboot)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones