1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] my sprint s3 will not work except on charger.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jrander9343, Oct 10, 2014.

1. jrander9343

jrander9343 Newbie

I cannot use my fone.. the second I unplug it it shuts off. I am currently running 4.1.3 hyperdrive and when my fone turns on it gambles on a bootloop or not. So I just keep restarting it on the charger till it works. Still can't take it off the charger.. unless its in airplane mode. I don't know wats wrong exactly.. but the battery doesn't die. Its shuts off at 94 and wen itcomes back on its still there. This was a downgrade from 4.4 which I upgraded to after 4.3 I was running cm11 my fone overheats and shuts down. I think my partitions are messed up not sure.. I can reach recovery and it stays on wen not pluged in.biggest problem is that the computer cannot recognize the fone. At all. I've tried the driver fix multiple times.. any comments or recommendations would be apreciated. Thank you in advance everyone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dsmryder

dsmryder Android Expert

I would start with a battery. A failing battery will cause overheating and sudden shutdowns.

3. jrander9343

jrander9343 Newbie

The battery holds charge well.. could the battery still be an issue? Because it only started happening wen I went to boost mobile, and wen its on airplane mode the fone stays on for hours after its off the charger instead of mere seconds lol

4. jrander9343

jrander9343 Newbie

Also, I keep getting an error message "sae has failed" consistantly.

5. dsmryder

dsmryder Android Expert

Iv'e read that downgrading can brick the phone. I would look for the 4.4 for Boost. The OEM.

6. jrander9343

jrander9343 Newbie

Is the boost s3 the same model as the sprint s3? Because I have the sph l710 and it had workked great for about 3 months after I did all that, I didn't start having this particular problem until I got servixe turned on with boost..

7. dsmryder

dsmryder Android Expert

The PHONE is the same, the SOFTWARE is different.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews