1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] "no sim card" error?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rcruz051, Dec 25, 2012.

1. rcruz051

rcruz051 Newbie

hey guys! i have a rooted s3 for sprint and sprints s3 doesnt use a sim card? but i am now getting this error saying that i have to insert sim car and my data is off also.... right now i am downloading a rom to see if that will make it go away and give me my data. but i have nothing after that so i thought id ask the big dogs lol so hellpp me pleeeease?? thanks!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Android Expert

I've seen this a few times. I've never know what causes this. Usually flashing a different rom fixes the issue. Try the ROM list I have in my signature. I just updated it today

3. rcruz051

rcruz051 Newbie

didnt work. ive flashed every single one except cyanmd. it got stuck on boot screen

4. MusicJunkie

What are you wiping when you flash roms? When you're not updating a particular rom you should wipe factory reset, cache, dalvik, and system (the last two just as a precaution seeing as how dalvic is wiped when you factory reset).

5. rcruz051

rcruz051 Newbie

I have done all of that :/ i have un rooted and re rooted already i tried manually
    updating to jb but i still have the insert sim card.. right now im in the process of unrooting again lol

6. MusicJunkie

Oh wow, if you've gone that far then I have no other suggestions. I really hope this time it just works on it's own. I'm sorry I'm of no help in this situation. :(

7. rcruz051

rcruz051 Newbie

its ok man ! i got it to go away this time:)

8. MusicJunkie

Sweeeeeet! I'm happy! :thumbup::):):):)

9. nerydlg

nerydlg Newbie

hey what did you do for fix it I have the same error but I don't know what can I do

GilbertXg likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews