1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] Not sure

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WaSTeLaNd, Aug 17, 2013.

1. WaSTeLaNd

WaSTeLaNd Android Enthusiast

Haven't been in this forum in awhile not sure where to post this I have a sprint s3 and I would like to out 4.2.2 on it... Is there a working version out there Do I haft to root first etc... Any help would be appreciated and yes I did Google this I just don't want to f up my phone so maybe somebody has some past experience with this thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Not sure for the Sprint version, but if there is no official update provided by your carrier, and you want to upgrade your software, rooting will be the alternative.
    Understandable that you don't want to mess your phone up, the only advice I can give if you want to go ahead with the root, is make sure you know what you doing. Read the faqs and don't be afraid to ask questions. Good luck!

jackroo and Granite1 like this.
  3. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

I've moved you over to the S3 root forum so the root experts in there can help you. :)

If you are on the Sprint S3 you'll need to root to get the latest builds before they are officially released.

I don't have an S3 so I'm not 100% sure what your device has as far as roms. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and please read everything you can before you attempt to root if you choose to do so. :)

4. SprintS5guy

SprintS5guy Member

your best bet is to check qbking77's youtube channel. that guy has the most complete step-by-step explanations and the vids to back them up. Odin and the correct .tar file along with clockworkmodrecovery.zip and supersu.spk are what you need and he'll show you where to procure them and what to do with them.

heres what you need and Tim Schofield is a pro at this. Hes guided MANY people to root bliss!
    How to Root the Sprint / AT&T / T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III - Latest - YouTube

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews