1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] Official 4.3 update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mobclan, Dec 3, 2013.

1. mobclan

mobclan Android Enthusiast

L710 have a update with kies giving your the heads up

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

Don't flash it, it has a locked bootloader and is different from the other bootloader of 4.2.2...

3. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

4. size13benard

size13benard Lurker

this morning i tried to update 4.3 but it was just on the reboot screen. i hit reboot and it didnt update. what do I do ?

5. jdsingle76

jdsingle76 Android Enthusiast

Are you rooted? Custom recovery?

6. jackroo

jackroo Android Enthusiast

It won't take if you have a custom recovery. I have one and I tried to take the update but it didn't take. Took me to CWM and I chose "install untrusted zip" and it just rebooted. Still 4.1.2 and still rooted.

7. jdsingle76

Yeah, I'm aware. That's what I'm trying to find out so we can get to a solution. If you update OTA, you'll install Knox boot loader(which you're stuck with). If you want 4.3, you can always flash a Knox free version while rooted through CWM.

jackroo likes this.
  8. jackroo

jackroo Android Enthusiast

Oh I meant to quote the person above you instead of your answer. You obviously knew that. Sorry man. But yeah I think I might check out 4.3 via how you suggested. Do you know by chance if the battery life is any better?

9. jdsingle76

Stock TW Roms are pretty much all going to have so-so battery. There's nothing custom on this build, but you can get rid of alot of the bloatware that runs in the background. That will certainly help.

jackroo likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews