1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] phone stuck on samsumg galaxy s3 logo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bxmultiflowz, Nov 5, 2014.

1. bxmultiflowz

bxmultiflowz Lurker

so i first started off with a rom until i seen a new rom and i said ok lets switch i tryed it and it failed it said bad and aborted so i tryed to just flash a stock rom to start all over when i run odin and run the stock rom it all goes thru it says pass but my phone still gets stuck on the samsung galaxy s3 logo when odin reboots it it goes to the battery animation and will just keep rebooting into that i cant get it passed the samsung logo or the battery animation please help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

What carrier are you with? What recovery do you have?
    You mentioned flashing a stock rom with ODIN....as in, a firmware flash via the computer program ODIN?

bxmultiflowz and funkylogik like this.
  3. bxmultiflowz

bxmultiflowz Lurker

the carrier is sprint but it hasnt been connected for a while i just use the phone with wifi well when it was working yes im talking about odin 3v3.07 program when i use it it says pass like everything went well but im still stuck on the logo screen and when i try to re boot it just goes to the battery animation and reboot vibrate and does the same thing over again at the moment im trying to reboot the phone into recovery mode so i can tell u the version but it just shows me battery and then reboots again and again and again

4. bxmultiflowz

bxmultiflowz Lurker

ok i got it ! im in recovery mode its cwm v5.5.0.4

Mikestony likes this.
  5. Mikestony

VIP Member

Oh, well that IS good then:)
    As long as you can get into recovery, I would surmise you could flash a rom.

Tell ya what, let me move this into your carrier root forum, so that others can help you out, perhaps find a rom to get that bugger up and running again;)

bxmultiflowz likes this.
  6. bxmultiflowz

bxmultiflowz Lurker

thanks alot so when you move this into carrier root forum part do i just check here for replies ?

7. Mikestony

VIP Member

Yup:)

bxmultiflowz likes this.
  8. bxmultiflowz

bxmultiflowz Lurker

cool so i was able to load a rom onto my sd card and install it from recovery and it worked im siked only thing wrong with the rom is i have no wifi when i press the button it slides to on but then right back to off everything else on the rom works this sucks big time lol

9. Mikestony

VIP Member

Is wifi a known issue with the rom? If not, try reflashing the rom.
    Did you verify the MD5 of your downloaded rom .zip?

10. bxmultiflowz

bxmultiflowz Lurker

yea i was reading sometimes you need a new modem or a new kernel but then again can i just flash another rom over this one to see if a diffrent one works???

11. Mikestony

VIP Member

Sure... Just wipe according to the rom op
    Make a nandroid backup first :)

bxmultiflowz likes this.
  12. bxmultiflowz

bxmultiflowz Lurker

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews