• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] process.android errors

hello AF ive been having problems installing roms lately. i just got the samsung galaxy s3 for metro but its flashed over to metro. yes i know metro has its own but i got this for cheap so i took it. anyway im on firmware 4.1.2 and i am rooted. but when i try installing a rom everything starts off fine till i get to the home screen then i get a barrage of error messages (unfortunately process.android.media has stopped,unfortunately process.android.acore has stopped,unfortunately process.android.phone has stopped,email has stopped working etc etc)

i have have read around to different solutions but none seems concrete or just work for some. my flasher told me to not factory reset my phone so that option is out of the question. can anyone give some insight on my situation?

hello AF ive been having problems installing roms lately. i just got the samsung galaxy s3 for metro but its flashed over to metro. yes i know metro has its own but i got this for cheap so i took it. anyway im on firmware 4.1.2 and i am rooted. but when i try installing a rom everything starts off fine till i get to the home screen then i get a barrage of error messages (unfortunately process.android.media has stopped,unfortunately process.android.acore has stopped,unfortunately process.android.phone has stopped,email has stopped working etc etc)

i have have read around to different solutions but none seems concrete or just work for some. my flasher told me to not factory reset my phone so that option is out of the question. can anyone give some insight on my situation?

Are you able to clear the sync adapter and the contacts list (having contacts backed up of course).

How about cache wipe in recovery?

Upvote 0
no i havent tried clearing the contact list. but i have wiped cache/dalvik. and whats the sync adapter. is it the process that syncs up all your data like google,facebook etc?

UPDATE: ok since i last posted and 25 view later, i figured out how to solve the process.android.xxx errors depending on what it says for example process.android.media just go into application manager then look for all then search for media storage and clear data or force stop. this goes for anything you encounter just look for its counter part in application manager and clear the data that should stop the force closes.

Upvote 0
I had king of the same issue. I flashed the Latest version of AOKP (4.2.1) and the recommended gApps.zip after making a new backup and doing a factory reset, and as soon as it was fully booted I started getting "the proccess com.android.phone" has stopped. Wiped everything again, re-flashed everything, fixed permissions and did a factory wipe and all was fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones