1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] Reflash Sprint

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Meen27B, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Meen27B

Meen27B Newbie

I have a Sprint Galaxy S3. The phone was rooted, thus "removing" the dec from sprint's system/network. Therefore sprint can't even find my phone in their system. They said I would have to flash/reflash it to sprint. Does anyone know how to do this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Rooting the phone shouldnt do anything like that.

Sprint usually doesn't have a clue when it comes to root-related things, so let us help you :)

What are you trying to do? Do you know if its running a custom ROM?

3. Meen27B

Meen27B Newbie

Sprint told me its because of root that that happened. And I've read around that ESN's can get messed up that way too, since rooting is done through odin.

What I am trying to do is fix my phone so that it will be recognized in sprints database. The ESN is clean. And no I'm on stock rom (just reflashed stock) and no longer rooted.

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Is the phone activated?

When you try to do a PRL and profile update from settings>updates what happens

5. Meen27B

Meen27B Newbie

No it isn't activated. So when I try to update the prl it gives me an error.

I think a manual prl update might work though?? But I can't find one anywhere. Latest prl is 25015

6. jonny wad

jonny wad Well-Known Member

When you stated root removed your "DEC" do you mean it zeroed out you ESN or meid?

7. meyerweb

meyerweb Android Enthusiast

AARONONE likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews