1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] Root on Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GMW, Jul 7, 2012.

1. GMW

GMW Lurker

I got the Sprint S3 a week ago and it's been great so far. I have never rooted a phone before but it's something I'm very interested in for this device. However my computer (and the only one I have access to) is a Mac running OSX Lion. I have not been able to find any guides/information on rooting this particular version of the phone (SPH-L710) on a Mac. I did find a guide for the international version of the phone, but from what I've read, following rooting instructions for the wrong model of a phone can cause serious problems. So my question is, has a method for rooting the Sprint S3 on a Mac been established?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

You would have to find a version of Odin that would work on a mac or get a Windows emulator so that you could run it on mac. I do not have a mac, so I can't give you any specifics. But if you create a thread (or allow me to move this one) in Computers & IT - Android Forums asking for advice on a free windows emulator for mac to run Odin on, I'm sure they could get you set up with one.

MusicJunkie likes this.
  3. d0g

d0g Newbie

Did you find a good Mac root?

Has anyone tried this:
    How to Root Galaxy S3 on Mac OSX! U.S./Canadian ~ Android Rootz | Source for Android Rooting, ROMS, Tricks and more!

4. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

It doesnt really exist as odin (the tool you use to root) isnt compatible. As jero said, youd need a windows emulator that supports usb contollers in order to do so. Just find a friend thstll let you install odin amd the other files you need you can keep I n a flash drive if that person is paranoid about you installing crap on their computer

5. Droidster

Droidster Member

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews