1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint/Cricket] Rooted can't flash rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anthonyramos01, Dec 3, 2013.

1. anthonyramos01

I rooted my L710 using CWM can't flash new rom

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Well, what happens?

The more info you provide the better we can help :thumbup:

3. anthonyramos01

I rooted using odin, the os is 4.3. I'm trying to flash CM but I keep getting an error message.

EDIT: I keep getting (Error 7)

4. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

The ROM doesn't recognize your boot loader, change the assert lines or delete them entirely, just be double sure it is a d2spr ROM.

5. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

From what I understand 4.3 locks your bootloader. I'm sorry but for now I believe that you're locked out of any ROMs.

6. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

The MK3 bootloader isn't listed in any of the asserts, it is too new, that is why you have to add it in or delete the assert lines entirely. As long as you are rooted with custom recovery and no Knox issues, this should work just fine.

DaisFlaque likes this.
  7. jkluczyk

jkluczyk Newbie

Any luck getting it to load? I also tried to do the OTA update and CWM stopped it. Now i don't get the option for the OTA update. I would like to go to the next version, rooting doesn't matter to me anymore

8. jdsingle76

jdsingle76 Android Enthusiast

You can't get official ota updates if you have cwm. They'll only flash from stock recovery. But if you want to upgrade without running the risk of voiding your warranty or installing the Knox boot loader, then go here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2541900

9. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

I highly recommend listening to any advice from my man JD, his ROM is rock-solid and Knox-free!

jdsingle76 likes this.
  10. jkluczyk

jkluczyk Newbie

Thank you both, i did this, but....
    I get no 3g/4g data connection now.

11. jkluczyk

jkluczyk Newbie

wait, nm, i think i got it, had to download/install the rest of the stuff on that page

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews